Easy Can Immigration Services
  • Email ID : info@easycanimmigration.com
  • Phone No. +971 52855 4243
Spain visa
Spain Visa

Being the largest country in the Southern Europe and the fourth largest country in the European continent, Spain has the unique identity in the world.

Thecolourful culture, Mediterranean climate, beautiful islands, bio-diversity are just some of the characteristics of this country.The people of Spain follow age-old traditions as well as modern approaches in their life. They are known for their warmth and hospitable nature.

With the finest facilities and environment, Spain is the dream destination for many individuals around the world for the purposes of study and work. Not to mention, thousands of tourists visit this country every year for spending vacation.

Spain is a part of the Schengen area and residents and tourists can travel from one country of the area to another without any visa or special permit.

Nationals of EU countries and certain other countries which come under the exemption list can enter Spain without visa and stay up to 90 days in a 180-day period but nationals of countries other than this need to obtain a visa.

Types of Spain Visa

The visa issued by the government of Spain can be categorized into following 3 main types:

However, following are two main categories:

1. Airport transit Visa: This "A" category visa allows the individuals to transit through the international zone of an airport in Spain. It is designed for people whose flights have landed in Spain and they need to wait for some hours to board another flight for reaching the destination which is outside the Schengen area. The visa holders cannot enter the territory of Spain and are required to stay only at the airport.

2. Short-stay Visa: This visa allows the individuals to stay in Spain for up to 90 days in a 180-day period. The visa holders cannot work in this country during their stay.

With this visa, you also can visit other member countries of the Schengen area. To renew this visa, you need to visit local Foreigner’s Office (Oficina de Extranjeros) or a police station.

3. Long-stay Visa:This visa allows the individuals to stay in Spain the purposes of study, work or conducting research in academic or technical fields. The duration of stay depends on the reason of your stay.

The visa types can also be classified on the basis of the objective of your arrival in Spain, which is shown as below:

1. Tourist Visa: This "C" category visa is applicable for individuals who want to visit the country for holidays and exploration of new adventures.

2. Family reunification Visa: This visa is applicable for individuals who are either married or related to a Spanish citizen.

3. Student Visa: This visa is applicable for individuals who want to study in Spain in a school or a university.

4. Work Visa:This visa is applicable for individuals who want to work with an employer in Spain. With this, you would also get the residence permit.

How to applySpain Visa?

Candidates need to submit their visa application with the Spanish embassy or consulate present in their country of residence. The application must be made 5 to 6 months prior to the planned date of journey.


The following documents are generally required to be submitted in order to apply for any kind of Spanish visa.

Other than the above list, certain additional documents also need to be presented depending on the specific type of visa you have applied for. Some of them arementioned as below:

Extension of Visa

You need to approach relevant bodies and immigration authorities and properly explain the reason for extending your stay.

Residence Permit/Visa

For staying longer than 90 days in Spain, you need to apply for a residence permit. The eligibility and conditions differ from person to person depending on their nationality, purpose of stay, intended duration of stay and other factors.

You need to contact the Foreigner’s Office (Oficina de Extranjeros) or police station and submit certain documents and residence application form to apply for a residence permit.

Work permit

Other than the exempted countries, nationals of other countries need to obtain a valid work permit in order to do any kind of job in Spain.


Your family members and dependants can accompany you in case of long-stay visa, subject to the conditions in specific visa type you have applied for.

Foreigner’s Identity Number (NIE)

Every foreign national entering the borders of Spain are required to have a unique Foreigner’s Identity Number including the persons who are exempted from the visa requirement.

This number is vital for performing various tasks such as:

You can apply for the NIE through the Spanish embassy or consulate in your country of residence. Alternatively, you can also apply after arriving in the country by contacting either Foreigner’s Office (Oficina de Extranjeros) or police station in the city you are staying. Usually, you would receive your NIE within three weeks.

On arriving in Spain

While entering in the country, you need to show the documentary evidences for reason and duration of stay, means of support during your stay, travel itinerary and accommodation arrangements.

Important Note

Subscribe for Newsletter

Contact Us

Corporate Office-

Easy Can Immigration Services
19th Floor, Office Tower,
Conrad Hotel, Sheikh Zayed Road,
(World Trade Centre Metro Station)
Dubai, United Arab Emirates(UAE)

Reach us

Call : +971 52855 4243

P.O.B : 35747



Miscellaneous Information:

Email us with any questions or inquiries or use our contact data

Note: * Marked fields are mandatory.

"Our team of authorised and regulated immigration consultants aims to ease your migration journey and helps fulfil your dreams. Do leave your valuable feedback for us :)"