Easy Can Immigration Services
  • Email ID : info@easycanimmigration.com
  • Phone No. +971 52855 4243
China Immigration
China Visa

With the title of the most populous country in the world, China definitely knows how to utilize their efficient manpower.

Civilization in this country took place in the very early years and the economic development that it has shown over time is absolutely remarkable.

Officially known as the People’s Republic of China (PRC), the country has given many gifts to the world by making wonderful inventions. Few of the examples are the art of paper making and block printing.

Its large buildings, technology, infrastructure, cuisine – everything is just unique and amazing.Therefore, it has emerged as one of the countries, which is on the top of many people’s wish list for tourism and migration.

Chinese Visa

It is worth mentioning here that the visa issued by the immigration authorities of China allows you to travel only to mainland of China. If you want to travel to Hong Kong or Macau, you need to apply for a visa to the HKSAR government and Macao SAR government separately.

China VisaExemptions

1. Nationals of Japan, Brunei and Singaporecan enter China without a visa and stay for up to 15 days, provided they fulfill the following conditions:

1) Hold an ordinary passport

2) Enter in the country through ports open for foreigners

3) Visit with any of the following purposes –

a) Tourism

b) Business

c) Meeting family or friends

Individuals travelling through this way should not stay for more than 15 days and if they want to do so, they must apply for a visa in their home country and then only enter China.

Individuals coming for the purposes of study, work, official visit or news coverage need to obtain a visa.

2. There is a list of 13 countries, the nationals of which visit China without a visa for the purposes of tourism or business and stay for up to 15, 30, 60 or 90 days, depending on their nationality.

3. Also, individuals holding diplomatic, official or service passports can enter China visa-free and stay for up to 30 days.

4. Individuals holding APEC Business Travel Card can enter the country without a visa for multiple times until the card expires. But during each visit, they should stay for maximum 60 days only.

5. Airport Transit:

1) There is a list of 51 countries, the nationals of which can transit airside through China and stay in their transit cities for up to 72 hours without a visa if –

a) It is a direct transit and made via the dedicated airports.

b) Individuals have a valid visa and air ticket to their destination.

2) Nationals of other countries can transit through China airside without a visa if –

A) They remain within the airport for only24 hours.

B) They have a confirmed air ticket for their destination.

6. Nationals of some other countries are also exempted from visa requirements due to the agreements signed between those countries and China. But, they must fulfill certain criteria to avail this facility.

China Visa Requirements

Foreign nationals not falling under any of the following categories need to apply for a visa in order to enter China.

There are special rules for residents of Hong Kong and Macao for entering into China.

China VisaTypes

Chinese visa can be categorized into various types and sub-types depending on the purpose and duration of stay.

The main visa types are mentioned as below:

1. Ordinary Visa

2. Courtesy Visa

3. Service Visa

4. Diplomatic Visa

All the visa sub-types,along with their objectives/ applicants for whom they would be suitable,are shown as follows:

1. C –Foreigners who are crew members of any kind of international transportation vehicle and their family members accompanying them.

2. D –For staying in China on a permanent basis

3. F – To visit China for study tours,exchange programsor other non-business activities.

4. G – Transiting through China

5. J1 – For resident foreign journalists working in China-situated offices of foreign news organizations to stay for longer than 180 days.

6. J2 – For foreign journalists who have to do short-term news coverage in China and would stay for up to 180 days or less than that.

7. L –For tourists

8. M – For undertaking commercial and trade activities.

9. Q1 – For family reunion provided applicants are family members of –

a. Chinese citizens or

b. Foreigners having a Chinese permanent residence permit

c. For those who want to do foster care.

This visa allows you to stay for longer than 180 days.

10. Q2 –For meeting relatives who are either Chinese citizens or foreigners holding Chinese permanent residence permit.

This visa allows you to stay in the country for maximum 180 days.

11. R – For those who have high-level talents and skills or for those whose skills and experience are urgently required in China.

12. S1 –

1) For those who want to meet the foreigners studying or working in China.

The applicants in this case can be parents, parents-in-law, spouses or children below the age of 18 of such foreigners.

2) For those who want to visit China for private affairs.

This visa allows you to stay for longer than 180 days in the country.

13. S2 –

1) For those who want to meet the foreigners studying or working in China.

The applicants should be family members of such foreigners.

The applicants should be family members of such foreigners.

This visa allows you to stay in the country for maximum 180 days.

14. X1 – Those who want to visit China and study for longer than 180 days.

15. X2 – Those who want to visit China and study for less than 180 days.

16. Z – Those who want to work in China.

How to applyChina Visa?

1. Foreigners who fall under the categories of Article 22 of the Exit and Entry Law of PRC can apply for port visas after arriving at the entry ports. The visa is issued by authorities approved by the Ministry of Public Security.

2. All other foreigners can apply through the Chinese Embassy or Consulate-General locatedin their country of residence by submitting duly filled visa application form and mandatory documents.You may be called for a personal interview by the authorities in the embassy.


1) Passport having at least 6 months of remainingvalidity (In some cases, the U.S. passports need to have remaining validity of at least 12 months)

2) Passport size photo

3) Residence proof of the country where you are currently living (Not applicable to U.S. citizens)

4) Medical certificate

5) Police clearance certificate

Other than the above mentioned documents, certain additional documents are also required depending on the specific type of visa you have applied for. Following are a few examples:

1) Invitation letter from the university

2) Confirmed air ticket to continue the journey

3) Confirmed return air ticket

4) Invitation letter from the university

5) Letter from news organization

6) Travel itinerary plan

7) Proof of hotel bookings

8) Invitation from trade fair

9) Invitation letter from relatives

10) Photocopy of Chinese ID of the relatives staying in China

11) Certificate of skills

12) Birth certificate

13) Marriagecertificate

14) Employment letter

Visa Approval

It takes around 4 to 5 working days for a visa to get approved.


Foreigners arriving in China to stay for more than 24 hours are required to register themselves with the local Public Security Bureau (PSB).

Residence Permit

Individuals who hold any of these three visa sub-types – D, J1or X1, are required to apply for a residence permit at the local public security authorities within 30 days of arriving in China.

Individuals holding Z type visa are also required to do the same unless the duration allowed to them for each stay is 30 days.

Extension of Stay

Foreigners who want to extend their stay period need to submit an application to the Exit and Entry Administrations (EEA) of their city before the completion of their duration of stay.

If granted an extension, they can live in China for the extended period but if not, they must return to their home country before completion of their duration of stay.

Subscribe for Newsletter

Contact Us

Corporate Office-

Easy Can Immigration Services
19th Floor, Office Tower,
Conrad Hotel, Sheikh Zayed Road,
(World Trade Centre Metro Station)
Dubai, United Arab Emirates(UAE)

Reach us

Call : +971 52855 4243

P.O.B : 35747



Miscellaneous Information:

Email us with any questions or inquiries or use our contact data

Note: * Marked fields are mandatory.

"Our team of authorised and regulated immigration consultants aims to ease your migration journey and helps fulfil your dreams. Do leave your valuable feedback for us :)"